How to Create Azure VM Disk Snapshot
In this tutorial, we will describe the steps required to create an Azure virtual machine disk snapshot. Snapshot is an important feature through which we can create a clone of a VM or create a point-in-time backup of a VM.
Follow below steps to create the snapshot:
- Login to Azure Portal https://portal.azure.com/
- Next, navigate to Disks and then click on the Name of Disk.
- Under the disk page, click on snapshot.
- Then, select resource group, and provide snapshot name and click on Next.
- Enter tag name and value and click Next: Review + Create.
- And click on Create.
- The snapshot creation is started.
- Finally, navigate to Snapshots page and check status of the snapshot.
- We see that the snapshot is created and this ends the Azure VM disk snapshot tutorial.
Enjoy learning Azure Cloud! And don’t forget to comment in the comment section below.