In this tutorial, we will describe the steps required to create an Azure virtual machine disk snapshot. Snapshot is an important feature through which we can create a clone of a VM or create a point-in-time backup of a VM.
Follow below steps to create the snapshot:
- Login to Azure Portal https://portal.azure.com/
- Next, navigate to Disks and then click on the Name of Disk.
- Under the disk page, click on snapshot.
- Then, select resource group, and provide snapshot name and click on Next.
- Enter tag name and value and click Next: Review + Create.
- And click on Create.
- The snapshot creation is started.
- Finally, navigate to Snapshots page and check status of the snapshot.
- We see that the snapshot is created and this ends the Azure VM disk snapshot tutorial.
Enjoy learning Azure Cloud! And don’t forget to comment in the comment section below.