Below, I am sharing my experience converting virtual machines from XVA (Xenserver) to VHD (Hypervisor).
Please follow below steps to achieve the same:
- Exporting my Xen VM as XVA
- Using XenConvert 2.3.1 to export from XVA to OVF
- Creating a new VM in Hypervisor
- Taking the VHD created in the OVF folder and attaching this as the primary virtual hard drive in Hypervisor.
- Export your VM to XVA (in Xencenter right-click the VM > Export)
- Download and install XenConvert 2.3.1 from below:
- Open XenConvert 2.3.1 > From: Xen Virtual Appliance To: OVF Format
- Specify the XVA file you wish to convert
- Specify the destination folder (you don’t need to fill anything else out here, only the box at the top)
- Follow through the next two screens (name it > convert)
- Once done, the destination folder you have specified will contain three files: an OVF, a PVP *and* the VHD you need
- Now in Hypervisor, create a new VM, and specify your exported VHD as its primary Hard drive and then start the virtual machine – job done!
Why the people at Xen decided to remove the functionality out of the later versions of XenConvert I have no idea. I would just like to thank them* for making my life just that little bit harder…